“Girl contracts brain eating amoeba after swimming at Arkansas water park”
“This is the first known case of parasitic meningitis in years, according to Medical Daily. …caused by the amoeba Naegleria fowleri…typically found in freshwater or soil. It enters the human body through the nose…moves to the brain…causing death.
…Kali Hardig was rushed to the hospital by her mother, Traci Hardig, a day after going swimming in a local lake.
“I couldn’t get her fever down. She started vomiting,” Hardig told the Christian Post. “She’d say her head hurt really bad. She cried, and she would just look at me and her eyes would just kind of roll.”
Doctors put Kali into a coma, in order to stabilize her condition.”